Whereas the Employer desires to obtain the benefit of the services of the Employee, and the Employee desires to render such services on the terms and conditions set forth.
In consideration of the promises and other good and valuable consideration, the parties agree as follows:
The Employee agrees that they will at all times faithfully, industriously, and to the best of their skills, experience, and talents, perform all of the duties required of the position. In carrying out these duties and responsibilities, the Employee shall comply with all relevant Employer policies, procedures, rules, and regulations, both written and oral, as announced by the Employer from time to time.
Employment under this agreement shall begin as of the above-listed date and shall be for an unspecified term on an “at will” basis, meaning both parties reserve the right to terminate employment at any time and without any advance notice and for no particular reason or cause.
Employee will retain status as an independent contractor, and as such agrees to issue invoices to the Company on their last working day on or before the 15th and the last day of each month in which services are rendered, at which time payment will be issued.
Hours and Compensation
This position is typically expected to average 6 hours per day, from 9 am – 3:00 pm. Pay will be $100/day. Additional hours outside of typical daily services may be billed hourly at $20/hour with prior approval by the Employer. Some examples of additional hours are:
- Staff meetings - Held approximately twice/month
Position and Job Description
As an Assistant Studio Guide, the Employee is required to perform all of their necessary job functions and duties as defined in the contract.
- Employee is responsible to supervise learners and assist the studio guides in directing learning activities in accordance with the parameters set forth by the employer.
- Employee is responsible to maintain a safe and reasonably organized environment for students at all times.
Employee must possess and be willing to work toward development of the following characteristics:
- An entrepreneurial mindset and desire to work hard, solve problems, and improve on everything they do
- A deep love and respect for all children and empathy for the challenges children face in their lives
- A strong teamwork ethic, a genuine desire to collaborate with colleagues, and a commitment to professionalism
- A commitment to practicing gentle, compassionate limit setting
- A willingness to be coached and mentored
- Vulnerability and courage to try new things, make mistakes, and the ability to reflect
Social Media Agreement
Employee agrees to maintain the appearance of propriety in all public scenarios including social media. Respect and inclusivity are core values of our community and as such all employees are expected to refrain from any public social media posts or comments on topics that may be considered unethical, lewd, controversial, or divisive in nature. This would also include private groups that are open to the public for membership.
Intellectual Property Agreement
It is agreed that the Company will retain full ownership of any and all intellectual property created in the course of employment.
The Employee further agrees not to solicit any Company employee to leave his/her employ with the Company, either directly or indirectly, or solicit the business of any Company client or customer, partner, agent or consultant.
This agreement constitutes an entire agreement between both parties, and there are no further items or provisions, either written or oral. The parties to this agreement stipulate that neither of them has made any representations with respect to the subject matter of this agreement except such representations as are specifically set forth in this agreement.